Lehre im Sommersemester 2015
Research Methods on Civic Education
Seminar, SWS: 2
Fr, Einzel, 10:00 - 18:00, 26.06.2015 - 26.06.2015, 3109 - 110 V110
Sa, Einzel, 10:00 - 18:00, 27.06.2015 - 27.06.2015, 3109 - 110 V110
Gastdozenturen/-aufenthalte am Arbeitsbereich Didaktik der Politischen Bildung:
2010 (gefördert durch die Philosophische Fakultät)
2011 (gefördert durch die Volkswagen Stiftung)
2012 (gefördert durch eine DFG Mercator Gastprofessur, Juni bis November 2012)
PRINT, Murray PhD is a recognized leader in Civics and Citizenship Education
within Australia and internationally. Professor Print has directed many research
projects in civics and democratic education including Values, Policy and Civics
Education in the Asia-Pacific Region, (funded through Harvard University); Civics
Education Assessment and Benchmarking (Australian Research Council); the
Consortium Project in Civics and Citizenship Education; the first phase of the IEA
International Civics Study; and most recently a major ARC-funded project on youth
participation in democracy. These projects exceed $3 million in total value.
He has played a key role in stimulating citizenship education internationally
and has worked on projects and delivered invited keynote addresses in Northern
Ireland, Scotland, England, Ireland, Spain, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Korea, Malaysia,
Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, the United States, and Canada. Currently he is
Vice-President of Civitas International.
Dr Print was awarded the Centenary Medal for his contributions to civic
education and the community by the Australian Government in 2003.
Selected Research Publications :
- Sim, J. and Print, M. (2010). Citizenship education, teachers and education policy. British Journal of Educational Studies.
- Print, M and Milner,H. (2009). Civic Education and Youth Political Participation. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
- Print, M . (2009). Teaching political and social values. In L.Saha & Dworkin,G (Ed.), International Handbook of Research on Teachers and Teaching (pp. 1001-1014), New York: Springer.
- Print, M. (2009). Benchmarking and democratic citizenship education for schools. . In Himmelmann,G and Lange, D (Eds.), Demokratiedidaktik Impulse für die politische Bildung Wiesbaden: VS-Verlag.
- Sim, J. and Print,M. (2009). Citizenship education: Controlling or empowering teacher understanding and practice?. Oxford Review of Education, 35(6).
- Print, M. (2009). Indicators of youth engagement in democracy, politics and elections. Invited. In Australian Electoral Commission Colloquium. Canberra, September, 2009.
- Print, M. (2009). Political awareness and civic education. (Invited keynote address) . In Federal Congress for Civic Education.
- Print, M. (2009). Civic Engagement and Political Education of Young People. (Invited keynote address) . In Kansai University.
- Print, M (2008) Education for Democratic Citizenship in Australia. J.Arthur, I. Davies &
C. Hahn (eds). International Handbook on Education for Citizenship and
Democracy. London: Sage Publications.
- Print,M (2008) Student engagement for moral, civic and citizenship education. In Chang
Lee Hoon, Norani Mohd Salleh, Wan Hasmah Wan Mamat & Vishaletche
Balakrishnan (eds). Asia-Pacific Moral, Civic and Citizenship Education: New
Vision and New Realities. Kuala Lumpur: University of Malaysia
- Print,M (2007) Learning Political Engagement in Schools. In L. Saha, M. Print & K
Edwards (Eds) Youth and Political Participation. Sense Publishers: Rotterdam
- Print, M (2007) Citizenship education and youth participation in democracy. British Journal
of Educational Studies., 55, 3, 325-346.
- Print, M & Saha, L (2007) Youth and politics: Trends and issues. in M.Print, L. Saha, &
K.Edwards,K (eds.) Youth Participation in Democracy. Amsterdam: Sense
- Sim, J & Print,M (2005) Citizenship education and social studies in Singapore.
International Journal of Citizenship Teaching and Learning, 1, 1, 58-73.
- Print,M (2007) Political Education in Australia. In Lange,D & Reinhardt, V (eds)
Basiswissen Politische Bildung (Handbook of Political Education.)
Baltmannsweiler, Germany, Schneider-Verlag Hohengehren
- Print,M, Leung, Y, Sim, B, Ikeno.N & Ishimine,K (2007) Political Education across
Asia. In Lange,D & Reinhardt, V (eds) Basiswissen Politische Bildung
(Handbook of Political Education.) Baltmannsweiler, Germany, Schneider-
- Print,M & Saha,L (2006) Adequacy of Civics and Electoral Education in Australia
.Invited submission to the Joint Standing Committee on Electoral Matters.
Canberra: Parliament of Australia.
- Print,M & Coleman,D (2003) Towards understanding social capital and citizenship
education. Cambridge Journal of Education, 33, 1, 123-149
- Print, M (2003) Estrategias de ensenanza para la educacion civics y ciudadana en el
siglo XXI Estudios Sobre Educacion, 4, June.
- Naval,C, Print, M & Iriarte, C (2003) Staatsbürgerliche Erziehung in Spanien:
kritische Betrachtung einer Erziehungspolitik. Journal for Social Sciences
and their Didactics, 2, July
- Print,M., Ornstrom,S & Nielsen,H (2002) Education for democratic processes in
schools and classrooms. European Journal of Education, 37,2, 193-210.
- Naval,C, Print,M & Veldhuis,R (2002) Education for democratic citizenship in the
new Europe. European Journal of Education, 37, 2, 107-128.
- Print,M (2001) From ‘survival’ to ‘leadership’: The practice of civic education in
Australia. International Journal of Educational Research, 35, 77-91
- Print,M & Smith,A (2001) Teaching civic education for a civil, democratic society
in the Asian region. Asia Pacific Education Review, 1, 1, 101-109.
- Print,M ( 2000) Civics and values in the Asia-Pacific region. Asia Pacific Journal
of Education,20,1, 7-20.
- Print,M (2000) Discovering democracy: The confirmation of civics and citizenship
Education in Australia. International Journal of Social Education, 15, 1.
- Print, M (2000) Curriculum policy, values and change in civic education. Asia
Pacific Journal of Education,20,1, 21- 35.